Recently I was gifted a lovely tin of caviar, and had a conundrum of what to do with it. My savage self wanted to devour it with a small pearl spoon, and a glass of champagne while moaning over every orgasmic bite. However, I decided to opt out of my selfishness and create a recipe that you too can make whenever presented by the "caviar conundrum."
Yields: 4 | Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hour
1 8oz Sushi Grade boneless Salmon filet
1 egg room temperature
1 small meyer lemon
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley/cilantro
1 teaspoon lemon zest
57 gr caviar
4 in. wide
1 3/1 inch tall
Sous Vide or Convection oven
1. Pre heat Sous Vide to 62 degrees celsius, place egg yolks in olive oil, and cover with foil or lid 1 hour to cook. Option to do in oven as well. Set aside until ready.
2. Prep the Salmon by slicing them into 1/8" long strips and then cube them. Place cubed salmon into a mixing bowl.
3. Chop herbs parsley and cilantro (option to use other herbs such as dill) as well.
4. In mixing bowl combine lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, herbs and pinch of salt while mixing.
5. Place mold in the center of serving plate. Add tartare to center, and flatten with spatula to make even from center outwards. Now add the caviar and create top layer and flatten center, outwards to make even as well.
6. Gently place yolk on top of tartare in the center. Garnish as you please.