Mushroom Paccheri Pasta Pork | Asparagus | Green Peas | Wine
Yields: 4 | Prep Time : 1 hour
2 tbl spoons Olive oil
1/2 pound ground pork
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
1 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup of cream
2 cups chopped Chanterelle, Shiitake mushrooms
pinch black pepper / salt
1 pound Paccheri pasta
1. Chop onions, garlic and mushrooms
2. Heat two pots of salted water to boil (one small, one large)
3. Add olive oil to medium heat skillet, cook garlic till golden (don't burn) add onions and sweat them till also golden. Add the ground pork cook till no longer pink and brownings form.
4. Add Mushrooms to skillet of pork, garlic, & onions cook for 5 min. Add cream/wine.
5. Blanch Peas/Asparagus three minutes in small pot of boiling salt water, and strain. Flash in cold ice water, to keep color.
6. Add Pasta to large pot of Boiling water. Cook till al dente. Generally Paccheri take's 9 to 11 min. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water to add to skillet of mushrooms.
7. While cooking off pasta add peas, and asparagus to mushroom skillet.
8. Once pasta is ready add to mushroom skillet with pasta water and mélange.
9. Garnish with Parmesan and Parsley
Bon Appétit Mes Amis!