Yields 12 | Prep Time 2hr | Active Time 30 Min
9 in/23 cm Tart Ring
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
1 1/4 cup (180gr.) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (55gr) powdered sugar
2 teaspoon salt
1 stick cold butter (115 gr) cut into small cubes
1 large egg
400 gr dark chocolate 55%-70% (I use Ghirardelli) cut into small pieces or chips
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup heavy cream
3 Cups Raspberry
Instructions Sweet Shortcrust Pastry: (I do by hand)
1. Place flour, sugar, and salt on clean surface. Preferably marble to keep cool. Create a well and add egg to center with cubed cold butter. Begin to integrate butter and egg mixture into dough creating a at first a coarse texture. Work the dough until no longer dry, flour table and roll into a ball. Option to pre roll out dough into a small disk. Will help with rolling out later. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min. If you don't want to use immediately it's shelf life is 3 days in fridge, or freezer for 30 days.
2. Remove dough from fridge. Allow to sit for a few minutes to soften. On a lightly floured surface using your rolling pin, begin to roll out the disk to form a 11" circle. You want it slightly big then your tart ring. To transfer to tart pan, roll onto rolling pin and unroll onto tart ring. Begin to press dough starting from the bottom to the top into ring, and roll out with pin to eliminate excess dough, once the tart is lined. Prick softly with fork to allow bottom to not rise while baking. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 min.
3. Pre-Heat oven to 375F or 190C
4. For blind baking the tart cover with parchment paper or foil not allowing the edges to be exposed begin to fill with beans/rice/or pie weights evenly on the surface.
5. Bake crust for 20 with weights and then 10 min exposed without weights to get golden color. Allow to cool while prepping filling.
1. In a medium sauce pan bring cream and milk to simmer over low heat. (Make sure not to boil). Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let sit for 5 min, and whisk until chocolate is fully melted. Begin to add sugar, and salt while continuously whisking. Slowly add eggs, one by one and whisk till mixture is smooth.
2. Pour Chocolate over cool crust and bake for 20 min.
3. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate till ready to serve. Can be made overnight as well.
4. Decorate Tart with Raspberries starting from the outer ring working your way towards the center. Option to sprinkle with powdered sugar for decoration.