Yield: 4 servings | Time: 25 min
4 Large yolks and 1 egg room temperature
1/3 Cup Pecorino cheese
1/3 Cup Parmesan
3 1/2 ounces Pancetta or bacon cut into cubes, if not already
12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
1. Create the base of the sauce combining egg mixture and cheese together with a whisk
2. Bring large pot of salted water to boil, add pasta cook for 8 to 10 min or till soft, but still a bit firm as they say in Italian "al dente."
3. In a separate pan on medium heat cook the pancetta with olive oil.
3. Save 1/2 cup pasta water and drain
4. Toss heated pasta into the bacon and fat
5. Remove pan from heat adding the egg/cheese mixture.
6. Thin out the sauce with the reserved pasta water constantly stirring
7. Season with fresh pepper, salt and grated cheese of preference
Bon Appétit, Mes Amis!